Hello. How involved is it to install new transmission solenoids in a 2015 CAT D6N? Is this part of the transmission accessible through the floor access panel and hopefully does not involve pulling the transmission out? Thanks
On the rear of the machine there is a cover with 8 or 10 bolts. You can pull that cover and get right inside the transmission. After you get them changed you will need ET to do a transmission fill calibration. The cover #14 is pointing to.
Also clean the debris off the plate where they mount and always torque the mounting bolts to 18 lb/ft. These modulating valves are very sensitive to sticking in the bores. It's been years since I had to, but I believe you can do a fill calibration through the monitor if you don't have ET.
I'm pretty certain that a calibration of the transmission solenoids can be done using a Click Box, I'm not sure about the monitor.
If there’s debris on the plate where the valves mount you’ve got major issues as these are inside the transmission case.
I guess I should clarify. Every time I pull one of these off there is defined outline of normal clutch dust where they mount. This needs cleaned as there is no seal between the body of the modulating valve and the valve body top plate