Have a Komatsu D37ex-21 that I need a used travel drive motor, with or without planitary. I anyone can help We have an output bearing that has gone out on ours on the right ride
I reckon that unless the rotating group is absolutely buggered it's repairable. New bearings and seals, lap the slippers, lens plate and swash plate to remove scratches.
Komatsu lists no parts for repair and no breakdown diagram. There are a few places listing rebuilt drive motors, but for big bucks, 10K+ for just the motor I don't know where they get their parts from, but if I had a source I would rebuild it.
This looks about as far as they go FINAL DRIVE (CARRIER) D37EX-21 S/N 5001-5499 (For North America) Komatsu Part catalog k-part.777parts.org
Try looking at Nabtesco, Hy Dash or other Japanese brands. One of them will be suppliers to Komatsu which will also have dealers in the States. If you have reasonable mechanical skills it's a job you can do yourself. 2 of the most important things is clean work area and fill the motor with oil prior to starting your machine. A dry motor only takes seconds to destruction.
Yeah makes the good old steering brakes and clutches look good.
We can to the work, if we can source parts Thanks, will start with those