Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D6R

Taku ยท 2021-02-19 19:52

A client has called,he needs me to attend to this Dozer,it has normal drive but when it warms up,it stops and until it cools down,it wont move. Suspecting discs are worn out or some seals worn out. Will attend the machine in about 72hrs from now

Replies3
  1. #1CM19952021-02-19 19:55

    Welcome to the Forums Taku! You will need to post a serial number if or when you have it. Best of Luck! ON EDIT - I am going to move this over to the Dozer Forum as it should get more views from our mechanic members.

  2. #292U 34062021-02-19 20:27

    I've only ever rebuilt one D6R transmission but IIRC there is a wiring harness and solenoids that are inside the housing, as well as a couple speed sensors. Could have a wiring issue, which would typically throw a fault code. I do believe there are a bunch of pressure taps on the back of the transmission, up near the top. With a S/N I'm sure a member with SIS access could get you the pressure specs for the clutches.

  3. #3Nige2021-02-20 07:57

    Two comments Post a Serial Number. Take a look at the Click Box thread in the Shop Talk forum. It might pay you to pull the Codes from it. A couple of pieces of wire will do the job if you are in a bind.