Hello I own a Caterpillar d6r XL 2004. serial aax00883. What I want to do is install estops on this machine. My question's are where does this circuit join in, does it stop a relay or do I install one, does it wire in to the ecm, etc. I have a copy of the schematic. just unsure where to start and what are the industry standards on this one. cheers and thanks for your help
Just had a quick look and I think the easiest will be to wire the Estops in series, in a NC configuration with E308 yellow at the ignition switch. With the engine running, disconnect E308 yellow and if it shuts down you should be OK using it. Installing Estops on machines which were not designed for them can log error codes when they are activated, but as long as you're aware of it, it's no biggie. As far as industry standards go, they should be wired 'fail safe', that is if the estop wiring was to go open circuit, the machine should shut down. In practice, if the inspector hits the estop and it works, you're good.
just installed and works perfectly, no error codes. thank you for your help
Hate to be so ignorant but what are Estops? I also have an AAX D6R
I plead ignorance too!
Emergency Stop - aka E-Stop
Now I just feel stupid...... I have always known it as the parking brake.
However in this case it's an emergency engine stop......although with the braking system on a D6R if the engine stops the brakes come on anyway,
Not looking very bright, am I?? And to make matters worse, I am running a 6R at the moment!
Hello Guys can someone email me the d6 dozer schematic i want to install Emergency switchies
There are over 50 different models of D6R. You need to be more specific. Might I ask why.?