Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT D6R LGP **9PN*

crankshawag ยท 2026-08-31 11:27

Hey guys, working on a Cat D6R LGP...9PN prefix. Backstory, this machine was parked for the winter, they came to use it this spring and it wouldn't move, tons of codes. Come to find out mice chewed through trans harness. I was called out and repaired the wiring, then found the park brake and service brake solenoid valves which were seized. Replaced those and the machine would move, although sluggish. Had 1st and 3rd gear, no 2nd. Hooked up ET, no codes, ran clutch pressure test and C4 had 0 PSI. I swapped solenoid valves from C3-C4 and fired it up this morning and had all 3 gears forward and reverse for about 10 min, now nothing. Going to let it sit here and cool down. Obviously seems like it's losing trans pressure or something but I'm not sure which direction to go.

Replies2
  1. #1crankshawag2026-08-31 12:16

    Came back and now have PSI at C4 solenoid valve, 0 PSI at C3 so the pressure issue followed the clutch solenoid valve. But that shouldnt keep the machine from moving in other gears right?

  2. #2crankshawag2026-08-31 13:50

    I went ahead and ordered a new valve assembly to replace the problematic one.