Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D6R Mystery wires corroded. What do they do?

BushWackerFarmer ยท 2024-04-08 19:07

I recently bought a D6R Serial #8LN00448. I have the seat and floor out to start pressure testing and calibrating before really working it in the bush. When I took the panel beside the seat just below the blade control joystick a wire was hanging with green corroded-looking wires. On the other side of the window under the hatch for hydraulic oil I fished out what I think is the mating wire. The wires are red and I think green. The red wire has 129 on it on the part near the filter housings. Anybody know what that circuit does?

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2024-04-08 19:23

    If the red wire is definitely 129 - cigarette lighter.......... A total of 6 wires should all bundle together into a single wire harness shown as "L30" on the illustration below.

  2. #2kshansen2024-04-08 19:33

    I tried to look but my SIS access is now limited so I can not view schematics or any thing other that parts book and not even sure how much of that!

  3. #3BushWackerFarmer2024-04-08 19:36

    Its definitely 129. I'll peel back the insulation on the cab side tomorrow and see if there are any wire markings there. Thanks so much.