Hi everyone, I am working on repairing an old D6D. I noticed there is a missing flange on the torque converter end of the Air Transfer tube from the transmission to the torque converter. The part number of the tube is 9M2968. I have attached a photo I took that shows what is missing, as well as the schematic I was able to find online that shows how it should be. The person I got the machine from says they don't know what the connection is for and it was working fine when it did, without that. The machine has been sitting for a long time. Does anyone have any idea of what this tube is for and if this missing connection is any major issue? Thanks
I would be putting it back on as it seems all the D6C and D6D powershifts all have that line. (that part number starts way way back in the 74A D6c's of the early 1960's) It is there for a reason.
It will be to bleed the air from one component to the other to equalize the oil levels between the bevel gear case and the flywheel clutch housing. Whether the machine can run fine without it - no idea.
Thanks for all the feedback, I will look to get it fixed.
Nige is correct if you don't replace the line at least put a breather of some sort on both sides there is no pressure or oil going thru it
Thanks again for the help, I think I should be able to get the missing fitting to buy from the dealer, I'll check with them.
Well the 9M-9037 flange is available from Cat.