Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat d6r xl series 3 codes

kevin931$ ยท 2018-01-20 18:45

My power trans oil bypass and transmission system lights are on. I changed tranny filter, looked good. I believe the active code at the moment 113 E0116.2 any help I would really appreciate.

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2018-01-21 09:30

    What you have supplied is a cross between a Diagnostic Code & an Event Code. No matter though ......... E0116.2 indicates "Power Train Filter Bypass Switch Closed". Recommended diagnostic "The Power Train filter is plugged. Response: Check the Power Train filter." But you've already done that (unless there is a possibility that you changed the wrong filter element - only you can answer that), so on the face of it the problem would appear to relate to the filter bypass switch itself being buggered or possibly a wiring fault. Hope that helps.

  2. #2kevin931$2018-01-21 10:48

    Thank you very much!!! Where could I find the bypass switch?

  3. #3Nige2018-01-21 18:06

    Try looking right on the head of the transmission filter housing.