Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 450 Dozer fuel problem

cowrider ยท 2018-01-20 17:51

I have a Case 450B that would not start. It had run well before but had been sitting for some time since running last. It would turn over but would not start, no smoke from stack. I had fuel at the filters and the pump. I cracked the injector lines at the injectors but had no fuel when cranking. I pulled the top cover off the pump to see if I had garbage inside but it was clean. After a lot of time involved the problem came down to being a section of rubber fuel line on the return side of the injectors to tank. The line swelled shut. Just wanted to put this out in case someone can use it.

Replies2
  1. #1Dozerbill632018-01-20 18:11

    Thanks I will watch my rubber lines , I have two 450's and a 450B and a 580C and they all have a rubber line or two around the fuel pump . I haven't had that problem with my case tractors . About 12 years ago my D7 17a cat started running rough and I found my steel fuel lines needed blown out with compressed air , after that she purred like a kitten .

  2. #2thepumpguysc2018-01-20 18:31

    Wow.. that's crazy.. I can honestly say in 30 years I've never seen that.. Glad you found it..