Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat d6t bottom rollers

Sk1970 · 2020-01-16 21:03

On cat d6t can the bottom rollers be resealed have about 4 leaking. Parts book doesn’t show a break down. Thanks

Replies10
  1. #1Nige2020-01-17 04:50

    Depends what type of roller you have - rebuild parts are available for some rollers but not for others. Got a Serial Number.? Are the track rollers original - in other words never been changed since the tractor left the factory.?

  2. #2grandpa2020-01-17 06:44

    Just a gut feeling here, but if you have 4 leakers, I bet they are not Cat.

  3. #3Sk19702020-01-17 10:53

    Bought it new replaced 3 under warranty they were leaking 3000 hours on it now 4 more leaking s/n gmk01539

  4. #4Nige2020-01-17 10:57

    Are any of the new leakers among the three rollers that were replaced before (by the dealer I assume).? What P/N do you have in your book.?

  5. #5Nige2020-01-17 11:45

    Here's the As Built consist of your machine. The 378-3772 Undercarriage Arrangement contains 8 x SF Roller GP 125-4175 and 6 x DF Roller Gp 125-4176. The rollers for those are 288-0934 & 288-0935. The Parts Manual says "no serviceable parts". Are those the same Part Numbers as the ones you are looking at..? I'll email you with some information that may help you.

  6. #6Sk19702020-01-17 17:23

    Yes those are the part number in the book. Have to check on the one that were replace, if those are some of them leaking now

  7. #7Nige2020-01-17 17:40

    Check your messages.

  8. #8Nige2020-01-18 09:27

    I never saw a confirmation that you got the message I sent to you. If you haven't done this before click on the small envelope on the top RH corner of the screen to retrieve it.

  9. #9Sk19702020-01-18 11:06

    Yes I received your message thank you

  10. #10Nige2020-01-18 11:14

    Good to know. If you have any more questions after doing the research I suggested then please post back here.