Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Scoop / pan control – D8H

Olly · 2020-01-17 03:51

Hi there! I'm running a D8H & scoop. This is the first time I’ve operated the machine with a scoop hooked up (not sure the make of the scoop..). The reason for my post; I can’t retract the dumb cylinder / tail door! I’m assuming the problem is the operator . I pulled the change-over valve / 'switch' of the top of the scoop thinking it might need sorting. Everything looks fine. Nothing there to cause any problems. The cutting-edge lifts / lowers ok and the apron lifts and lowers + the tail gate will travel forward, I just cant retract it. I was hoping to get a hand-over from the previous owner, unfortunately, no such luck. I have attached several images for reference. Any sage council? While it's more than likely operator, error I did notice that: 1) the 1/2 inch rubber hose running from line 3 in the pic to the 'change-over valve' / switch on top of the scoop was dry. The way it's set-up, the one way value would direct a very small charge of oil from the 'switch' to line 3. 2) In the 'cab' of the dozer, pictured, there appears to be a missing linkage from the forward most lever (that lifts / lowers the apron) to the small lever that sits on the back of the hyd oil tank. Could be that a link has fallen off? Controls: The rear most lever in the cab lifts / lowers the blade. Moving the rear most lever towards the seat (LHS) while holding the forward most lever rearward ejects. Now if I could just work out how to move the tail gate back again... https://imgur.com/iGX3SCk https://imgur.com/BhO5S1W https://imgur.com/0QaNLhv

Replies3
  1. #1epirbalex2020-01-17 20:04

    did the scoop come from the place you bought the dozer ? are they a pair thats worked in the past ? that little hose is not standard . Any trouble with the dozer ? were wondering how it turned out .

  2. #2muzy2020-01-17 21:32

    That one hose looks like it could be seated a little better. Top on the right. I would look at that a little closer. I have never run a hydraulic scraper before, but I have hooked up hoses. muzy

  3. #3Olly2020-01-18 13:44

    Hi Epirbalex! cheers for the message. The tractor is running well. Had some delays with the paper work / earthworks consent, so just been tidying-up some of the tracks. Haven't managed to get it hot hot yet, but it sounds and runs well . Yes, they came as a pair. The blade is after market. Originally it was just towing a scoop. I hadn't had the chance to hook it up previously. The scoop was at a different job. Thanks Muzy! Checked the hoses. They are all nice and tight / straight. Had to get the torch on that top right hose to get it off when I removed that valve . Had a bar on it - it wouldn't budge. There are no apparent leaks / it's not sucking air. That top right hose runs to the rear tail gate (extends the dump cylinder for the rear gate. It's one of the left hoses (hose 3) that pulls in the dump cylinder / draws back the rear gate. Hose 3 also drops the apron. I should have taken some pics of the inside the 'valve' when I had it off. Kicking myself. Just wondering whether that valve needs to be bled? There was a grub screw on the underside of the valve that I couldn't remove without damaging. The rest looked fine. Wasn't much too it.