I use an Cat D7 3T for scraping and gold detecting here in Western Australia. I am having trouble with wear on the swivel balls where the blade attaches to the machine. The blade arm and cup are also worn causing about 1'' of free play. I do not know how to repair these as have not had the machine too long. One option was to weld and grind them back to size in which I do not know the original size. The other option was to cut them off and get new balls machined up and welded back on and weld and build the cup back up. I do not know if they are a special grade of steel or just mild steel. Any info would be appreciated.
Yair . . . . Prospectorgav Parts used to be available. There was a casting that welds into the pushbeam and of course the end caps, shims, bolts and weld in ball were available also . . . maybe not these days Depending on how much you value your time rebuilding with weld may the most inexpensive option . . .decide on a size and make templates, overbuild a bit and grind back to suit. I found the most economical way was to rebuild the ball with weld to original dimensions and, if the cup on the push beam and the cups were beyond salvation I would buy in four new caps and use two to replace the worn cups on the beams. Others on here will have some different notions. Cheers.