Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat d7e 48xxxx bleeding injectors??

nontypical9 ยท 2014-08-03 19:10

It's a 4 cylinder....any tricks or just loosen nuts on the lines coming out of the pump? I accidentally ran her dry.

Replies6
  1. #1lantraxco2014-08-03 21:57

    Should be a primer pump there somewhere, unscrew the knob and pump it, should also be some bleeder screws on the injection pump. Some guys open and fill the fuel filters with CLEAN fuel. Get as much air out as you can, then loosen the injector lines at the injectors and roll her over some untill you get some squirting. YMMV

  2. #2Greg2014-08-04 13:18

    The one I had years ago didn't have primer pump. I had same thing happen once. Just cracked the nuts on the fuel lines coming out of the injector pump, opened the compression release and turned it over till fuel came up. The transfer pump will help that happen quick. You can also crack the vent on the fuel filter housing to speed up the process

  3. #3tctractors2014-08-05 02:15

    On the bleed thing, with the throttle in the shut off position and a fuel tank more full than empty, all you need do is loosen the fuel lines at the injectors, you dont need to spin the engine, the fuel filter will need bleeding on the hand valve first, there is bleed valves behind the fuel pumps but I never realy bother with them, it can take a few min's for the fuel to passage through but it will as long as the throttle control is in the stop position, it will then start and run very quickly without to much mess. tctractors

  4. #4lantraxco2014-08-05 02:30

    Hey TC, that's one I never knew! Have to keep that in the mental scrap book for when the occasion arises.

  5. #5tctractors2014-08-05 02:42

    Iantraxco, I have been doing this job for what seems a 1'000 years so you cop on after a time, plus 4 pot D7's often sport a nasty petrol powered start up unit that might need hand cranking? stuff all that. tctractors

  6. #6lantraxco2014-08-05 02:48

    LOL! I love pony motors, but with self commencers please, I don't even hand crank the lawn mower. :notworthy