Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D7E Fuel Issue

nicholasktu ยท 2024-05-19 11:23

I just put the fuel tank back on my D7E 48A, and its having issues losing prime. I primed it following the manual, got fuel from the bleeder on the top of the fuel filter housing. It runs alright for a couple minutes then dies, when I open the bleed screw it sucks air in like a vacuum. Fuel strainer is new and clean, fuel filters are a few months old. Fuel flows great out of the tank, the primary filter canister was full when I checked it. Is this just a priming issue? Do I still have air in the system?

Replies2
  1. #1chidog2024-05-19 20:07

    First guess fuel tank vent? Or some restriction to the pump.

  2. #2nicholasktu2024-05-19 20:31

    It was the plastic plug I had in the fuel line when I had the fuel tank off. Runs great now