Here are some shots of a Great old Caterpillar D8H 68A that is currently undergoing refurbishment here in Devon. This machine started its working life on coal heaps in Wales but has been working here in Devon recently on the local landfill tip, its owner Ross Cambell says "there is nothing like the old D8 when you want to push a lot of earth quickly"
its funny how much smaller the older sizes were, that D8 looks like the size of a D6.
D8h 68a Hallo, I recently bought Cat D8H 68A 4275. Do you know where I can get the part book? The local delear don't know 68A. Thanks.
Hope this helps. Always try e-bay for hard to find items.You would be surprised at what one can find on it. http://cgi.ebay.com/CAT-D8H-BULLDOZ...ooks_Manuals?hash=item4a9c80ce74#ht_483wt_982
Nick, What a good looking beast of a machine you have there !!!!
Thank you very much.
we have one and use it alot Iron peddlers charlotte NC 1800-438-1933 ask for bill helms
It'll be nice to see the before and after pictures, thanks for sharing
Hi everyone, Are the D8H 68A's still running?
Before and after pic of D8H 68A
When I bought the D8H 68A, it didn't have a declaration system. I noticed that the governor moves up for declaration, so I did a modification to pull up the governor. Been working for over 10 years.
Does the D8H 68A has a fuel return line? I wanted to use Liqui moly diesel purge straight from the container. I found one fuel line that is crimped. Do you think that is the return? I'm going to try to start the engine after two years. I thought it would be good to start it with Liqui moly diesel purge after sitting for two years.