I found this - in my oppinion - very nice CAT D9E on mchinerytrader: http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...6281833&GUID=25A9089D75FA4BA4AEA675D73B4C7B6A As far I can judge it from my couch here in Germany, that rig looks to be in good running condition. 35k seem to be a fair price for a D9E with pull pan and blade. Don't know if there are problems with engien or tranny, but the machine seems to be a well maintained one. Ooooh, where are the bucks when you really need'em? LOL Anyone can give me shipping costs to Europe? It would be a shame to send this to China...in well cut pieces. I always liked the flat-hood-look of the D9Es with their twin-pre-cleaners and as far I know there were just 800 built - correct me if I'm wrong. Prost, Max
I was actually thinking that it was priced about 15-20,000 dollars high! Old machine, parts are obsolete, Good toy but no good for full production.
Ben, this is what I would love to do with that tractor: To play with it. To show people how it works, how a half an century ago the earth was moved and our highways, airports and powerstation were built. Cheers, Max
Parts would be generally available for this tractor and scraper. The power control unit might be a problem however, unless someone or Cat themselves have started making new parts available. In the mid eighties I had a lot of trouble rebuilding them due to a lack of good new or used parts, and I was only 90 miles from the factory. The sheave nests in the scraper might be a problem too for the same reason. Still, a lot of production left in this older unit in the right materials. Good looking machines.
Hey Joe, eerm..what is good material for this couple? I'm far from being familar with such equipment. Now, I know a scraper cuts and scoops the earth, so might it be wet clay?
We run D8H and Ks all the time pulling pans. Even have a little No. 70 for a D7E for small things and tight places. Can't beat them.
Track type tractors pulling pans are rare sight here in Central Europe. The only ones I know are the ones in the UK. Any pictures? I guess that you dont have to wait for a pusher cat in the cut is a big advantage for crawler pulled pans. Greg, do you use a ripper cat with them or can you load the dirt unripped?
During my time in Europe did not see much of any rubber tired selfpropelled scrapers either. Since I do quit a bit of work around soft and wet ground we sometimes use a push cat to speed things along. For short hauls (up to about 2,200 ft) we are quite competitive. After that the rubber tire guys start to take it away from us because of speed. We can usually cut about 4.0 to 5.0 ft here because the freeze thaw cycle has loosened things up over the last umteen thousand years. After that, sometimes rip, sometimes shoot.