Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat d9g transmissionpressure issues

svenswiss ยท 2025-09-26 04:23

Hello, ive also got a pressureissue with my d9g, can someone tell me how long it should take till my transmission has full pressure if i start the dozer up and let it idle? Now i have about 2 minutes to have 320psi, then i put it in gear and the pressure drops to ~100psi and it rises very slowly, even if i put it back in neutral Forward and reverse or rev the engine, after sometime i cant get the pressure to rise, so im stuck in the savetyvalve, where could i loose all my oilpressure? pump is new, checkt filters and suction line, checkt all valves inside the transmission, i dont know what to do

Replies2
  1. #1chidog2025-09-26 15:28

    Hope someone can post or send a hydraulic diagram for it to you.

  2. #2pittsburgh cat man2025-09-26 16:15

    I believe I would check pressure control valve. It is under big cover on top of transmission. If you start it with cover off watch for excessive flow that stops when your pressure goes up I would guess the problem is in the pressure control valve