Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT dealers hiring/relocation

Akdiesel ยท 2016-02-22 23:21

Hey everybody, I am a diesel mechanic and have been for a number of years. I worked at a CAT dealer for a few years and really liked it. I was wondering if anyone knew how relocation works? I moved myself here so I haven't ever dealt with it. I'm interested in a dealer in the SW like TX, NM, AZ or NV. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1mowingman2016-02-23 09:51

    Contact Holt Cat. They are the biggest Cat dealer in Texas, and still building new branch offices. The have even had help wanted ads placed on highway billboards in the Dallas area.. They are always looking for experienced equipment mechanics.

  2. #2Akdiesel2016-02-23 11:35

    Thank you. I will get ahold of them. Not sure what all they do down there but I worked on haul trucks and loaders (789C, 793D/Fs, 994F and D10/D11). Lots of PCR and troubleshooting in the pit. Picked up a few CAT certs and currently work on Class 8 trucks that run to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska just looking to get back to the lower 48 and back on only yellow iron

  3. #3carken12016-02-25 13:10

    Job You should be able to walk into about any Cat dealer get a job. Just stop and fill out application or have one mailed to you. Good luck.

  4. #4Akdiesel2016-02-25 14:56

    Thanks. I went online and applied at Empire, Johnson, Holt, Mustang and Warren. I figure if I get to the TX/AZ area it would be a nice change. Plus I like C15s and 3406s but miss the big stuff

  5. #5mowingman2016-02-25 15:03

    You will get big stuff in Texas. Lots of large rock quarries and sand mines in Texas. Also still quite a few lignite mines with large machines in use.

  6. #6Akdiesel2016-02-25 15:37

    That's good to hear. I am hoping South Texas but any of the areas I applied to I'd be happy with. Relocation is my only sticking point wondering if anywhere offers that. It's huge up here because to get people up here they pretty much have to get them up here.

  7. #7carken12016-02-25 23:11

    relocation Talk to whom ever offers about it. I you have the background you claim U'll probably get some kinda of deal.