So I've been researching construction products based on the largest competitors in the industry. Which brand name in the construction industry has given you the best satisfaction? What has been the worse from your experience? Ex. price, efficiency, customer support, maintenance, etc? I would appreciate all the help, thanks!
I've found that there's no one company that is the best at everything. You need to research a particular machine and find out which one suites you the best.
Perhaps I should rephrase my question then. What have your experience been as a customer when dealing with a dealership pre purchase, during the purchase, and post purchase? Is there one name you prefer over another, if so which name and why? How is the customer relationship treated throughout the lifetime of the product? What sort of services and support do you wish your product had that you have seen other companies offer their product? Why do you choose one brand over another? Answers to any of these questions will help me out a lot. Thanks!
We prefer cat products. Customer support is the best in our area which is just south of ya. I just posted a similar post earlier. If i need a part i can get usually have by 7 am next day or can go pick it up within 1 hr of my location. Our dealership goes above and beyond. Even for us small company. Out of 7 pieces of equipment 4 of them are cat. And those 4 go everywhere. Resale is better and lets face it, it looks good to show up on job-site with all cat yellow. But dont just take my word for it, cause my dad, grandpa, uncle, great uncle all were employed by cat. So i tend to bleed yellow. Lol but you cant beat the service. My dad is currently in canada trying to fix the serviceability of basyrus after they bought them out. Trying to put it to cat standards for parts and support.
I believe you'll find the manufacturer won't be the determining factor here, but rather the dealership. Each dealer has their priorities, and those that excell on customer service and satisfaction can have a happy customer base, with less than stellar factory backup. Also a great factory, can be speared by a worthless dealership.
Full size excavators would be hitachi, mini ex would be kubota, skid steers/ctl would be bobcat , backhoes would be Deere, loaders and dozers would be cat, rock trucks Volvo. Based on my experience with manufactures and dealers.
As per your other thread, are you getting paid to provide these answers to someone else?
no, this is all for a research project that I am working on
I've closed the other threads and left links to this one. Cross-posting the same thing in multiple threads has always been considered poor netiquette. John C, that's a legitimate question. I've checked, and bigtrucks32's email address is from an "edu" domian, so I'd assume this is research for an academic project of some sort. Perhaps a thesis for a Doctoral Degree in Dirtology? Of course, it would've been nice to just say something to that effect upfront. That, and not cross-posting it three different places... :cool2 Bigtrucks32, welcome to HEF. Feel free to share the results of your research with us. I'm sure it'll be of interest to our membership.
here is the most simple answer i can offer a good nut behind the wheel can make junk run smooth as silk a loose nut can make a new machine look like junk.
I'd definatly say CAT or John Deere not only because i grew up on them but because there long lasting durability