Ok so I’ve heard different stories about what type of hydraulic fluid should be used in this dozer. I’ve had a hose blow and now I think the seal on the pump went out and people are telling me different things. Is it ok to use aw32 in our dozer or should I be putting a cat specialized hydraulic fluid in it? And could that be the cause of all these issues occurring?
Why not go straight to the horse’s mouth and get yourself a manual.? Then you wouldn’t have to depend on, or be confused by, “people are telling me different things” ever again. All the info you need regarding lubricants and a whole lot more besides is in it. Currently costs $52 for a download from Cat. To identify the correct one would require a Serial Number.
*C8N17220* *PER00544*
Ill look into buying the manual when i can afford it one of these days. as long as i can get decent hours and it quits snowing so i can achieve that
One question: How much did you pay for your machine.? The manual cost is equivalent to maybe 10 gallons of diesel or thereabouts........ The correct manual for your S/N is Cat Pulbication SEBU8594. You could search the usual online marketplaces but I don't see anything available right now. Alternatively go to - https://catpublications.com/ and if you put SEBU8594 in the search box the illustration below should pop up. To cover a range of ambient temperatures from -4 to 104*F the appropriate hydraulic oil is a good-quality SAE10W which viscosity-wise sits right in the middle between ISO 22 & 32. There ought to be no shortage of places selling SAE10W hydraulic oil. It doesn't have to be specifically Cat-branded oil but stay away from anything with "universal", "farm", or "tractor" either in the name of the product or of the store selling it. Sometimes Cat dealers have promotions on oil & filters so it might be well worth the price of a phone call to check.
The above oil chart is from the O&M, which is now included in the non-pay SIS. It must be a new addition, as I've never seen O&M in the non-pay SIS before.
Thank you for this! It’ll help a lot going forward!