Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D6C Engine Identification

jemarshall64 ยท 2023-03-02 01:00

I have a 1963 Cat D6C that I am trying to pin down the exact engine in it. There is a huge amount of contradicting info I have come across. Here is what I know. 1963 SN 76A973, From the engine. The one on the dash is missing and it has a winch so I cant see the one on the frame. Turbo'ed Tin Valve cover Electric Start I know its a D333, but is it a D333c, D333t, D333tc or some other designation that I have come across trying to figure it out. I cannot find any hard trustable information on how to visually identify it and the more I read and look into it, the less I trust the info I can find. I can find allot of info about the difference between the D333's and the 3306, but I would like good info about the different setups of the D333. The biggest issue parts. I am going to need to pull the head and I want to get all the gaskets and little bits on hand before I do, but I want to be 100% sure I am going to be ordering the correct parts. Its putting pressure into the cooling system and leaking some compression out from around the injectors. I do have an email out to Jensales to get all the books that go to this specific machine. Will see what they can get me.

Replies6
  1. #1jemarshall642023-03-02 01:00

    More Pics

  2. #2jemarshall642023-03-02 01:01

    Couple more

  3. #3jemarshall642023-03-02 01:01

    Last of them

  4. #4Bluox2023-03-02 02:04

    It kinda helps to have pictures of the motor you want to identify there Ace. If it's the one that came in the tractor it should be a D-333 a 4.5 bore motor. Bad Bob

  5. #5Mcrafty12023-03-02 05:33

    You say the serial number you gave is from the engine? If so I would think Cat could get you what ever parts are available for that engine, I have a D6C also 76A5579 ser# I'm told it was sold new in 1968. Although I haven't had to do anything to the engine Cat has been pretty good with other parts identification using the serial #. My machine has matching numbers so that probably helps. But you are looking for engine parts and have the serial# for that so you should be good. That's been my experience.

  6. #6Nige2023-03-02 09:14

    You can also get a Parts Manual from Cat. https://catpublications.com/ Put UE035000 in the Search Box..........