All hydraulic, fuel and air filters have been changed. When you grab multiple functions such as stick, curl, swing or boom up it pulls the motor down; Release or lessen a function and it runs fine. And strong until you start adding functions back. 3116 engine probably 7,000 -8,000 hours. Still a tight old machine. Any suggestions .
Come on guys, I need some input, I am at a loss here.
Hi ms0115, a lot of guys on here get sick of asking for a serial number ,so they don't respond .Caterpillar have hundreds of machines in there line up and every serial number range is different from the next.in this case there are only two S/N ranges so I will have a GUESS. 1/ have you checked engine condition and engine high idle under no load ? should be about 2000rpm 2/ have any parts or components been replaced lately ? 3/ is this a gradual fault or sudden ? 4/ are all the warning lights and alarms working correctly ? 5/ have you checked the controller LED's for correct sequence ? 6/ have you checked your filters and screens for contamination? 7/ Have you checked engine loaded speed with both pumps operating ? 8/ have you calibrated the PRV valve ? Any other information you can supply that may help in tracking down your problem? Mark
Here are the numbers, I will try to get additional if needed. Model: CAT EL 200B Serial:7DF00534 Mark, Where is the PRV valve? and How do you check it? Changed all filters I could find. Where is the screen located that you are talking about. Thanks for the help.
Well I don't have any ideas on this machine but if it will help found this file that shows testing a "Proportional Reducing Valve" guess that is the PRV Mark was refering to.
I realize this is a 10 yr old post but having exact same problems with stalling engine with 2 functions pulled on joysticks at once. Engine has good power, tracks well digs well 1 function at a time.
Offer is the Cat 3116 had common injector issues-loss of power under a load maybe time to pull'em & check
You could start with a machine Serial Number and do you have a service manual.? Because if you don't you will surely need one.
@ms0115 is still around on the forum BTW.