Does anywone knew if it`s possible to put a 3208 engine in D6c ? Does it fit the transmission? I`m just experemanting a little, i`ve got a cheep 3208 with 210 hp, and my old D333T is about to give up.
Not a good idea. It would be a money pit with poor results. Get the right engine and have it setup right or part it out. Later Bob
Agree 100% with Bob.
3306 repower is the way to go. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Is it possible to put a turbo on my D333T engine, or is there any other adjusments regarding valves ,compression or something else to think about?
D6 repower A few years ago I visited with a logger in Roseberg, Oregon who owned a couple of old D6's that he repowered with Ford 460 V8 and automatic, he said he would get 2-3 years work out of it and then have to replace auto trans, he said 460 were plentiful and cheap and had plenty of power. I have a couple of 3208 non turbo truck engines and also a 3T D7, looking at both it would be an easy fit, probably the same for a D6, do not see it as a money pit as long as you refrained from running it against the governor. D7 3T, Cat 112 grader, Fiat allis 745,545 loaders, old Franklin 170 skidder, Bombardier "Jimmy" track skidder,
Yair . . . Mover of Dirt . The only 460 Ford I know is a gasoline engine. Are you are saying he fitted these with an automatic transmission to D6's? If he hooked the output of the auto to the input of the Cat stickshift tranny would give some interesting combinations. Man, I'd like to see that . . . but imagine the fuel consumption, working hard I'd reckon those old dinosaurs could slurp ten gallons or so an hour. I reckon you would have to be an optimist to think it would work. Cheers.
I think either the 6.9 or 7.3 engines were 460 cubic inches of displacement. In either case I can't see that all the engineering to get it in the dozer would equal to the savings on fixing the old engine. I also can't see an automotive torque converter being able to take that kind of beating.
7.3s are 445 ish. I've seen big block gassers with auto trans installed in dozers. Surprising how. Decent they work. But a 333 is a good engine,and I'd bet a clevite engine kit wouldn't be to much money. Do a valve job and put a set of liners rings and bearings in and it should be a good engine for many years.
Yair . . . John C. My thoughts exactly . . . . that's why I put in the bit about needing to be an optimist to think it would work. (big grin) Cheers.
I have seen a 440 Chrysler in a trackloader but the guy made some kind of coupler to go to the torque converter. But you have to know this guy he would rig and spend 10k $ to think he was saving 100 bucks. Really sharp guy as well just to much time on his hands. If I get by there I'm gonna ask to get a photo to show you guys I am not crazy , or completely crazy.
Flathead Fords found their way into a lot of old machines back in the day. I repowered a TD5 a few years back with a Ford 2.3 four cylinder and a C4 auto. It worked pretty well, the torque converter doesn't get loaded hard because of the added gear reduction.
In there days there was the old torquer D9's that was straight stick transmission and used a torque convertor.Out fit that i worked for used them behind a D9G to push scrapers.Might same as say they were like an automatic.They would just slow down when pushing.Never had to shift. I think they used diesel fuel in the convertor.