Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6R won’t decell sometimes.

d6peg ยท 2014-02-08 18:56

Well its been awhile since I've posted but I have a question about my D6R. I was wondering if anybody has had any trouble with the machine not wanting to decell. I put a new throttle pos. sensor on it and that didn't help. Sometimes when i can get it to decell with the pedal it won't accell back to the set rpms. I just got thru replacing the original undercarriage after 9420hrs and doing some other work to it and wish I could find an easy fix to this.

Replies6
  1. #1Mobiltech2014-02-08 20:54

    Are you getting any active fault codes on the dash?

  2. #2d6peg2014-02-08 21:47

    Thanks Mobletech, sometimes when it does this it sets off a service code, when you kill the engine and restart it all goes away and will run fine for a few minutes. It stores the code but does not come up as a service code.

  3. #3Mobiltech2014-02-08 23:05

    It should store the code if the service code light flashes when it happens. If you scroll thru the codes on the dash when it is flashing service code you will see one code that has an active service code flashing beside it.

  4. #4d6peg2014-02-10 21:05

    Mobiltech, it did store a code, it is not active but the code is 036-263.04. It worked pretty good today I only had an issue about 2 times but it corrected itself. Im beginning to wonder if its not the rabbit-turtle switch. It seems it might not be sending the right signal to the ecm.

  5. #5Mobiltech2014-02-10 21:30

    Ok . 036 means its an engine code 263 is 8 volt sensor supply which is the power supplied to all the engine sensors 04 is the failure ID which means voltage below normal or shorted to ground. If this code is active when the problem occurs I would suspect a short in the decel pedal position wiring. Probably right where it comes out of the cab on the right side rear of the engine. Follow the harness out of the decel pedal box and inspect it for rub marks.

  6. #6d6peg2014-02-10 22:10

    Ok thanks will do. I've noticed that when the outside temp is warmer the worse it acts up. When it's cold outside it generally works pretty good.