Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT excavator CANbus location

Raul Ramirez · 2022-08-16 22:30

Hello! Does anyone know where to find the CANBUS location on a CAT 320D/320D2L year 2013, also Caterpillar 416E/F2; I have to install a contactless canbus reader (CANcrocoLITE from Technoton) using a device called "Mastercan Tool Lite", I tried several twisted pair (green/yellow, green/brown) of cables but I didn´t get a reading; note that I don´t have any issue with motorgraders 140/H/K, 12M using the same twisted pair colors (green/yellow) Thanks in advance for the help

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2022-08-17 05:07

    The wires for the CANBUS twisted pair (if installed) are usually marked F711/F712. The wire base colours are Green and Grey. I suspect that the Green/Brown twisted pair that you were tapping into on the motor graders are for the Cat Datalink. They are wire numbers 892 & 893. Many machines could have both Datalinks in the wiring harness, especially new models. Older models may only have the Cat Datalink installed. A brief look at an electrical schematic for a 140H motor grader confirmed that.

  2. #2Raul Ramirez2022-08-18 08:44

    Hello Nige and thanks for your reply; by any chance do you know where I can find electrical schematics for Sinotruk Howo 371, Liugong 856H, Liugong 922/925 excavators, we tried to install the canbus reader but in the Sinotruk we found some twisted pair light blue/light blue&green but we didnt get a reading either, on the Liugong machines we couldnt find any twisted pair of cables (there are a lot of orange and white cables but none of them twisted) Again thanks in advance for the help.

  3. #3Nige2022-08-18 08:59

    Sorry I can’t help with schematics for anything other than Cat machines.

  4. #4Raul Ramirez2022-08-18 12:08

    Do you have schematics for cat 323, 320D, 320D 2L, 336, its with the excavators that I´m having a bit of trouble to install the canbus reader. Thanks in advance

  5. #5heymccall2022-08-18 14:32

    Can bus wires are in the diagnostic connector.

  6. #6Jandre2024-03-19 09:23

    Good day, do you perhaps know the PGN and SPN and bits that current gear can be read from a CAT loader?