D6N #NPLJR00632 Hard to start, I've changed all 3 fuel filters, checked and have good fuel flow. It will fire right up with a gas rag and run great but it takes a very long time to start if at all on its own, cold or hot. I removed the valve cover and crack a injector line at the injector i cranked the engine and the rubber boot expanded so i stoped. I tightened the line up and cranked the engine again and it fired right away and ran great. Every time I repeated this process it would fire right up . Any suggestions also i don't have access to ET at this time. Original complaint was operator was running made a turn and machine died and wouldn't start just turn over.
Is this C9 engine
C6.6 acert
Check file
Check file
Thank you
i have run into this a few times and first thing i would do is check rail psi at start if you have et. Might be injectors leaking off and makes it hard to start but will run ok. Do you notice this more when engine cold or hot?
I don't have et at this time. I did a leak off test yesterday and got 68ml in a 30 sec crank so I'm thinking it's injector's.
Per SIS, the spec for high pressure fuel leakage on a 6-cylinder engine is 38 ML in a 30 second cranking. There is a way to isolate the fuel system to see which injector is causing your issue, if you can get ahold of the tooling. If youre interested in the kit PN, it is 362-9754, The piece you really need to isolate the injectors is a 362-9751 which is a fuel rail cap.
Ok thanks for the part # and the info.