I recently bought a mid 90`s Cat 322L Excavator and would like to know the correct oil to use in the swing gearbox and the final drives.The Op manual isn`t real clear on weight/viscosity. Different people have reccommended different oils.I am sure it requires the TO-4 spec but have been told to use everything from a 30W to a 80W90.Will be operating in temp range 10 to 100 Degrees Farenheit.Any help? Thanks
Hi shucks , T0-4 40 weight would be best for your temp range Cat sells it as final drive and axle oil . Dont know about other suppliers . we fill swing and finals with T0-4 50 weight heres Viscosity chart for your 322
I found the TO-4 oil at the local fuel and lubricant supplier. I was told the 80w90 is bad for the seals in the final drives. Has something to do with the EP additives.
TO-4 is the correct oil. In your climate either SAE30 or maybe even SAE50 would be the correct viscosity. Don't use EP oils in the swing or final drives, it'll take the seals out.
Good morning Mr. Nige...do you happen to have the schematic for a 322L excavator, prefix 9rl? I'm trying to carry out some repairs on the wiring and measurements of the PVR solenoid coils.
I'll find one from somewhere. Give me a couple of days.
I used oil that was compatible to cat oil but switched to cat HYD oil seemed like better temperature on HYD oil after the switch 320B excavator not much price difference so I switched all machines to cat oils except engine's.
Wrong thread.
We use delo 0w30 sp, but it's rarely above 60* in summer and gets down to -70* in winter. (Currently it's 8*). 30wt is around the same as 75w90.
A question, Mr. Nige... what would be the procedure for calibrating the accelerator motor of the 322l excavator? I don't have the Adjusting the knob with the RPM...for that machine...do you know what the settings are?