Hello everyone, I have the chance to buy a late 70's model Hein Werner C-14 B and was wondering what one of these would be worth it's in really good shape with the newer style pads not the crane style also I know they are slower machine's but any pro's and con's about these machines would be much help to me so let me hear your imput please and what would be a fair price to pay
noone has any info on these older machines????
I don't have any experience with a C-14B but I do have a C12HD. There's a few pictures and threads scattered around here about it. I absolutely love the thing! Yes it's slow, but not all that bad to be honest. Getting used to the controls was a bit strange if you've learned on a more modern machine as you have the swing in your left hand, the bucket on your left foot, the boom on your right hand and then the stick on your right foot. In between you have the 2 travel levers. On a C12HD they're detented in all positions so it will keep going even if you let the levers go. Having the newer style pads is a definite plus, I still have the old flat pads on mine, but it doesn't make any difference to me as I'm not working it on a hill. What I really love is the simplicity of the machine! 3 gear pumps, manual spool valves, a few gauges and some lights. No fancy (expensive) computers, sensors, solenoids, etc. to give you grief. Actually hold on, there are 2 solenoids on mine, what they do is depending on what button you push it either gives you fast boom or fast stick speeds by pumping more oil to said circuit. The detroit diesel is absolutely bulletproof and mine actually starts in most temperatures without any ether. Mine had sat for eons before I bought it as it's owner had passed away, and his wife wanted it gone hence I got it for a great price. Aside from changing a few filters and the odd hose popping here and there it's been totally reliable! I'm not sure what a C-14B would go for, but there are a few on www.machinerytrader.com to give you some comparison. We need pictures of course if you do buy it. Hope this helps some! Good luck.
I owned the 14 it was a beast, sure it's slower but it'll still move it's fair share of dirt. I'd probably still have mine if it weren't so far gone when I got it. Bad rollers weak pumps and the final reason she got scraped, blown engine. When I got mine I paid scrap price, in all honesty, unless it is in perfect condition, that's about what they're worth. They are a good machine very reliable just make sure you check everything, just like when buying any used piece of equipment.
does anyone know roughly what a C-14 B weighs?? Thanks
According to this link http://www.equipmentwatch.com/Navig...stanceId=2818&modelInstance=C14B+(disc.+1981) yours weighs 51000lbs...