I have a cat 320 excavator. It is time for rails and sprockets. The local cat dealer is trying to sell me there general duty track. Does anyone know about this undercarriage. From what I can tell its not been on the market very long. Thanks
Serial Number of your machine please and the Part Number of the track the dealer's trying to sell to you.
The Serial Number is 3XM04786 (part#422-5505)
This is how it's described in the Parts system ........ 422-5505 LINK AS-TRACK GENERAL DUTY, GREASE LUBRICATED TRACK PART OF 422-6106 TRACK GP FOR USE WITH LOWER HOUR OR LIGHT DUTY APPLICATIONS. Comparing it to the standard Link Group most of the parts (links, pins, bushings, etc) are all the same Part Numbers as the regular link group How many hours/day does this machine work on average..?
I just bought this excavator 5 weeks ago to clean up an old farm place for a neighbor. It has 80 acres of 15 year growth on it that has to be cleaned up. And when we are done with that job. I'm hoping to find some work for the machine to make some more income. So we are running it 8 to 10 hours a day now. Its a 1996 model with 5300 hours on it. I was going to buy the undercarriage from heavyquip I have bought stuff from them in the past and it seemed to be ok not as good as factory. And from what the cat rep is telling me is they are loosing to much business to the aftermarket guys they have started making this general duty undercarriage to complete with them. Bottom line is cat is 1000.00 higher on quote. Sprocket, rail, 4 top rollers, bolts and labor to change out pads. Just trying to figure out if it was a better product than what heavyquip sells.
Send me a PM with your e-mail address. I'll fire you the Parts Manuals for the Standard & General Duty track so you can see for yourself. TBH I can't see any difference in part numbers between the two.