Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat GP25 forklift online manuals?

Questionable wizard · 2024-09-14 17:39

I tried using SIS and received the response "unable to retrieve content." Cat GP25 gasoline model s/n 5AM01704. I've not dug into these previously. I wasn't sure if the Mitsubishi machines were supported by Cat, or limited to lift truck dealers. The machine has no spark. I have power going to and from the Hall's effect switch in the distributor, but it isn't breaking the voltage when the rotor fingers pass. I pulled the switch off and checked it with a multi-meter and a socket to simulate the rotor fingers passing by. There was constant connection when the socket was moved close and away. I'd say the switch has failed. When I touch and disconnect the wires rapidly to the switch(collapsing the magnetic filed in the coil), no spark is generated at the coil output wire. Checking coil continuity, I have 65 ohms on the primary side, open circuit on the secondary side. So, coil is toast.

Replies1
  1. #1Coaldust2024-09-14 18:25

    I was working in the Cat system when the material handling division was split. Then, all SIS support disappeared. I don’t know how EAME does their service info today. Good question. You could use you Google-fu skills and lookup the Mitsu engine model in the search bar vs looking for Cat specific info. I have good success finding online Cat lift truck info that way. Funny how the lift truck and material handling business has drifted so far away from the heavy equipment culture.