Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat Grader sn 14K853 Is it a 12 Grader

LOFAYTX ยท 2020-07-11 19:48

I found this Cat grader listed for sale local. It say's Cat 12 the sn is 14K853. What year is it and what cat engine does it have?

Replies6
  1. #1Old Magnet2020-07-11 20:22

    The 14K853 is a 1968 model 120 grader with D333C 6-cyl (4-3/4 bore engine) Direct Drive, Electric Start, oil clutch, 12' mold board.

  2. #2LOFAYTX2020-07-11 20:52

    So were there a lot of improvement with the 1968 model 120 over a 1958 model 12?

  3. #3Old Magnet2020-07-11 21:27

    Still pretty much the same, mechanical controls. Biggest change is the engine, forerunner of the 3306

  4. #4LOFAYTX2020-07-11 21:32

    Would it be easier to get parts for the 120 with the D333C 6-cyl engine?

  5. #5Old Magnet2020-07-11 22:09

    I would say yes, the D333C and 3306 engine runs were a lot longer and greater numbers then the older D318's

  6. #6LOFAYTX2020-07-11 22:51

    Thanks for all your help so I can make an informed decision!