Hi guys just upgraded from 07 272c to a 2014 299d xhp. I need the cat part # for the high flow switch that plugs into the electrical connection on the front of the machine, my local cat guys can't find it. Any help is greatly appreciated. brad
There are 3 versions of the 299D XHP. What Serial Number prefix is your machine, JST, NLC, or DX2..? Also can you post a photo of the switch you are looking for.
I'll see if I can find it. Nige he is referring to the jumper plug on the end of the work tools harness on the loader arm.
Ah, the difference between a harness connector and a switch. Is this it..? I seem to recall someone else having issues with that same one. IIRC it's on a Special Instruction somewhere for installing the work tool harness and pretty much nowhere else. If it's a JST-prefix try Special Instruction REHS7806 which shows a 356-6115 Harness As that would have to be broken down in TMI to find the connector Part Number. Really it all depends on what S/N prefix the machine is, I could be heading off in completely the wrong direction.
Hi guys, the machine prefix is jst. Calling it a plug is really a better description than a switch. All it does is jump two of the pins and tells it a high flow attachment is hooked up. I'm attaching a couple pictures of the old 8 pin plug, I didn't realize they had changed to a 14 pin.
This is the Work Tool connection from the Electrical Schematic of the machine harness. The 14-pin connector is Part Number 344-6145. The wires for the High Flow detection are C460 Blue (Pin K) & C481 Green (Pin N). Looking at the parts breakdown for the 378-3822 Work Tool Harness the mating connector for the 344-6145 is a 344-6144 which makes some sort of sense. The new connector will come "empty" so it will require sockets for the wires - the Part Number is 9W-0844 x however many wires in your harness.
There is a jumper plug to activate the high flow system. Should be a 421-4208. It is the plug assembly with the correct terminals jumpered inside of it.
421-4208 breaks down to 1 x 346-6144, 2 x 9W-0844, a short length of cable plus various other odds and sods. That would appear to be the one. $120 to you sir .........
Thanks guys that is the part .
Gentlemen, I am a novice and my serial number prefix is DX2. I was told by a Milton CAT Tech to 'jump' pins (M) and (B) to signal to my 299D2XHP that my attachment (which has NO wiring harness) is a high flow attachment capable of operating at 40 GPM output. A friendly expert at 'Just Ask' confirmed this. Can machine damage result if I have this wrong? Or will I suffer only disappointing performance by the attachment (which I assume would be operating at standard flow? Thank you in advance! Tom
Don't use (M). That's a CanBus wire. (B) is definitely Ground. On my 262d3, (K) gets grounded. I just jumpered (K) to (B) From here, youll see that XPS machines get the (K) grounded, whereas the XHP machines get (N) grounded.
When you jump the wires the high flow is activated, with the hydraulics on an icon will appear on your screen, that’s how you know the high flow is actually on.
Hey I was wondering if anyone had any luck with a cold planer harness. We pulled the wires out of the socket. Cat keeps sending me a diagram for 8 wires but I have 9 wires and different colors. Can anyone help with the correct pin out?
What are the odds that it is Caterpillar planer? If it is, model and serial number please. Heck, model number even if it isn't a Caterpillar.
It's a cat pc206 ddg00336
Are you trying to mount the planer on a Cat skid steer.? If yes, can you supply the S/N of the machine. Would you also make a list of the colours and numbers of each wire in your photos above. I can see some of them but not others. The plug in your 2nd photo doesn't look like a typical Deutsch plug as used on Cat equipment unless it's a trick of the photo. Maybe another photo from slightly further away.?
The image of plug is distorted. PC206 came with 8 pin harness. His has 14pin, 3 hose conversion. Thats where the schematic is that I cannot find for him. In the PC206 conversion .... 379-0420
Is this what you're looking for..?
No, Nige. I would have posted that, but, that harness is pre-pinned in the instruction, and it makes no reference to the 14pin connector allocations. He actually needs the pin out locations vs colors of that harness. The electrical schematic of that harness.
Gotcha. I doubt if the electrical pinout/wire colours for that harness are available anywhere other than a factory drawing. I'll ask around and see what turns up. What's strange is that the schematic for the planer clearly shows an 8-pin connector and the poster says he has 9 wires. EDIT: It would be strange if the wire colours & numbers in the "jumper" harness were any different to what's on the machine or what's in the planer though.
That schematic doesn't match up. I still have 3 wires left. An orange, black and 1 more. I tried using that schematic and leaving those "extra" wires out but I keep blowing fuses.
The plug looks wierd because it's the inside of the wiring harness still plugged into the machine. I'm mounting it on a 262d, Dtb05585. All functions were working until we yanked the wires out.
I think the harness that I have is part of a conversion kit made to go from a 5 line system to a 3 line. The alleged part number for the harness in that kit is 378-3721. Still can't track down a pin out.
Can someone post up the PC306B HFP00001 and up schematic? It may take us where we need to go. As an aside, the original connector will have the socket latches broken and the wires will hot stay in.
Here's the connector pinout for the HFP. 14-pin connector. Promising. it shows pins G & H, plus L, M, & P all blank, just like the OP's photo.
Absolutely. It's going to need a new Deutsch connector for that end of the harness.
This looks spot on. I'm gonna try it tomorrow. It's getting dark too early and it's pouring rain. I'm kind of glad that the back wasn't on the plug. Instead of the wires just getting pulled out it could have been much worse. I'll keep you guys posted. Thank you so much.
Eureka!!!! You guys are the best. 3 different dealers couldn't help. A big weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Do you mind if I share this with everyone? I'm sure I'm not the only one this has happened to.
Credit HMC. He was the one who supplied the clue where to look. All I did was to download the info........ Although I'd be interested to hear where the idea of looking in a different model for the wiring pinout came from......??
Its all in the posts above, the clue, that is. PC206 only ever came new with an 8 pin connector. "PC206 with 14pin" led to conversion instructions from Caterpillar kit. Googled newer Caterpillar PC planers to get a newer model number, because I know that they have 14pin connectors and found the serial number range using avspare. That's where I ran into brick wall, as I dont have SIS. And I couldn't pull a schematic from Google. I use AVSPARE . COM
Well done that man.......!!
I have another question. My 262d is an xps. I hear of the screen showing a high flow symbol when a high flow attachment is connected. How come my high flow option isn't activating when I attach this planar?
Test both K & N on your planer harness and make sure that they are both connected to B. You may have a broken wire. Did it work before the plug was damaged this time? Are you sure that you don't have another blown fuse from putting the pins in the wrong holes?
I replaced all the blown fuses. It didn't work before I pulled the wires. I'll check it with my ohm meter tomorrow.
As HMC said you need to check the continuity of those two wires all the way back to the ECM. There was a case a couple of weeks ago where a break was found in a harness somewhere back in the machine that was preventing continuity in the necessary ground detection loop that the ECM uses to activate High Flow. Here's a link to the thread - HeavyEquipmentForums If you would like an Electrical Schematic so that you can locate the harness connectors and stuff please ask. IIRC there is at least one (maybe two) major harness connectors between the one on the Lift Arms and the ECM.
Here's the Work Tool connector on the Schematic. Wire C460 (Pin K) from the ECM needs to see ground via wire 200 (Pin B) in order to activate High Flow. C460 goes through 2 major connectors between the ECM and CONN 30 so dividing the harness into sections for troubleshooting would probably be the way to go.
Forgive my ignorance but is there a pic or description of what the high flow activation on the screen looks like? I have the upgraded screen with the backup can on my 262. When I hit the trigger to spin the drum I see what looks like a hydraulic symbol. Is that it?
Easiest way for me to test for high flow activation..... Operate planer drum with harness unplugged, then..... Operate planer drum with harness plugged in.
Also sounds like you could use an Operation & Maintenance Manual. The first thing that usually goes missing when used equipment changes hands. They're available to download from Cat, or look for Cat Pulbication SEBU9084. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Caterpilla...17-Operation-Maintenance-Manual-/143031687118
Hello everyone, I’m not sure if this is the right place to post, so feel free to let me know if I should open a new topic. I have a Caterpillar 289D, serial number TAW05718, and I recently purchased a Simex PL5020. On the Caterpillar, I have a 9-pin connector. On the asphalt planer, there are 12 wires (11 white and 1 black). One of them is for the water pump (I could run that separately with its own switch if needed). My question is: how should I connect the planer to the machine? Is it possible to have all functions controlled through the joystick? Also, for my model, should I connect pin K to B or pin N to B in order to activate the high flow function? Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Id start a new thread in the skid steer section for the CAT side of things