I bought a Gel 6640 and it came with a smooth bucket, I really have no use for one. I was wondering if I was better off getting weld on or bolt on shanks to add teeth to my bucket.
I'd rather weld them on than bolt, less likely to cause problems in the future is my thinking... Plus I don't have a mag drill.
just make sure that the angle is correct to the ground or you will not be able to carry grade with it. I think that either bobcat or cat has teeth that bolts on the top side of the cutting edge that will keep your cutting angle correct if your cutting edge does not all ready have holes in it you could possibly weld them on but it will be easier and may just as cheap to buy another bucket with teeth already on it and keep the smooth edge to push snow or clean off pavement
Does anybody know were to get a good used tooth bucket? I cant seem to find any.
If you currently have a bolt on edge, take a look at rezloh cutting edges. Simply awesome performance using the 'tooth' side. The teeth are nachined into one side of the edge so it remains the same thickness as the edge. They also have the angles cut the proper way to improve cutting parallel to the bucket.
I couldn't get over the $1400 for one for my bucket. I built my own tooth bar with 11 230 series teeth shanks and teeth for about $300
Dixon do you have any pictures?
Not yet it's one of my many projects I've started and haven't finished yet...