Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat Hyd. Coupler Rebuild/Upgrade

Brianc383 · 2025-07-01 12:57

SN: TAW02381 2014 289D I have a 289D that the work tool couplers are starting to get sticky on. I don't mind rebuilding them but have seen comments on others upgrading them to 3/4" from 1/2" to help with high flow applications. Is this something someone has data on? I don't use high flow every often so the cost may not be worth the return. If that's the case, can I just get couplers from someone like Summit Hydraulics or are the proprietary to Cat? Thanks, Brian

Replies10
  1. #1Universal Parts2025-07-01 23:26

    Are you rebuilding a hydraulic pump coupling? Do you have a part number or a photo of the old part?

  2. #2Nige2025-07-02 04:23

    Are the couplers on your machine the electric type, or full hydraulic.?

  3. #3Brianc3832025-07-03 13:22

    Work tool couplings on the loader arms, sorry wasn’t clear enough on my part.

  4. #4Nige2025-07-03 14:30

    Same question though. There are two types, electric or hydraulic. Which type do you have.? Because the suggestions/solution will differ depending on the type of coupler.

  5. #5Brianc3832025-07-03 17:13
  6. #6Brianc3832025-07-03 17:14

    Auxiliary couplings maybe a better description

  7. #7heymccall2025-07-03 17:16

    Stock couplings (1/2" body) flow up to 27gpm.

  8. #8Brianc3832025-07-03 23:41

    Rebuild or replace them with new OEM?

  9. #9Nige2025-07-04 04:53

    I don't think you can rebuild them. I don't see any piece parts available. You don't have to go OEM though, there will be cheaper alternatives. Apologies BTW. When you said quick coupler I was thinking of this one............

  10. #10Brianc3832025-07-04 07:09

    Nige - My apologies, I said work tool coupling and not auxiliary couplings. Mines electric btw, I’d like to convert it to hydraulic.