Cat D5C Hystat 5HS00484 Have been trying to remove the Pin that links the 6 way dozer blade to the rod end on the angle hydraulic cylinder. Have tried heat, large hammers, etc- but no luck. The pin just spins with the bushing in the rod end. I suppose it rusted /seized to the bushing. Is there a special cat tool puller that will remove these pins- there is a slot in the head of the pin. Thanks for any input,tips on how to remove.
About the only way to pull it is if the pin has a hole through it or a threaded hole in the pin. I would try the heat again. Heat has gotten MANY seized pins out for me! GOOD LUCK!
We got into this once before. If the pin in seized in one or other part of the linkage all bets are off as far as the removal procedure contained in the service manual is concerned. Somewhere there is a photo I posted taken in a dealer shop of a 6-way blade pin being removed. Here's a link to the thread . HeavyEquipmentForums