Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Track tensioner won’t take grease.

Smogger82 ยท 2015-07-06 22:16

Greetings. I have a Case 850E with a loose track. I changed out the zerk fitting, and there is plenty of rod left to extend, but it won't take grease. I have an electric greaser fully charged, but when I hit the trigger it bogs down like it's a dead battery. No grease comes out of the fitting, it just seems like something is blocking the grease. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Replies2
  1. #1lantraxco2015-07-06 22:27

    When you say you changed out the zerk, I assume you mean just the small fitting #11, not the actual valve nipple with the tapered end on it, #10? That nipple #10 has a check valve in it and may be plugged solid, or the check ball is wedged into the bottom, remove it *slowly* as lots of grease may come out, then check it with your grease gun, if it's plugged buy a new one?

  2. #2Smogger822015-07-06 22:38

    That's right I only changed out #11. Thanks I'll try your suggestion tomorrow morning.