Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat hydraulic hose codes

watglen ยท 2017-09-26 17:19

Blew a hyd line today. Hose was almost certainly an original on a '96 D6H. Both tilt hoses had the code 6I8101G5 tagged on them. My question: Why is it when I called several large hydraulics houses, they couldn't cross that code number. In fact, they had never heard of that code. Am I wrong in understanding that that code defines everything you need to know to built the hose assy? Ended up waiting a day from Toromont(cat) in order to make sure I get the right one. I was fully expecting that to be able to get it anywhere with that code....

Replies6
  1. #1Junkyard2017-09-26 18:13

    That code will tell Cat what it is but that's it. If you know what various fitting types are and their size you can tell the hose shop what to make. If you'd have said #8 flat face o-ring etc the hose shop would know that lingo.

  2. #2kshansen2017-09-26 19:57

    Yes if you could get access to Cat's top secret "hydraulic information system" book you could figure out what to use in generic parts to build it. Here is what NPR says about that code number: " 6I8101 # HOSE IS BUILDABLE REFER TO H.I.S. (HYDRAULIC INFORMATION SYSTEM) HTTPS://HIS . CAT.COM

  3. #3Welder Dave2017-09-26 20:02

    Why not just take the hose and go to a hose shop with it? Cat reusable fittings don't save you any money if that's what it is.

  4. #4Zed2017-09-29 02:16
  5. #5Zed2017-09-29 02:16

    There's you info from HIS for that PN

  6. #6watglen2017-10-13 07:29

    Oh wow! Thanks ZED. Went with CAT assy in the end. They were the cheapest.