Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How do I load a broken track hoe ?

cw4Bray ยท 2017-09-26 21:13

Buying a used toy. 40,000. lbs. Track Hoe, failed hydraulic pump. Thanks.

Replies8
  1. #1Ronsii2017-09-26 21:25

    A lot will depend on the details of how you are moving it.... your own truck and trailer? pay someone by the hour for a truck and trailer? do you have access to other equipment? if so what kind? what kind of hoe is it? most have multiple pumps and you could 'hotwire' a second pump in... however if the bad pump spewed debris into the system you do NOT want to do this as it will cause more damage than you can imagine! if you have time on your hands and the site has room you could block it up crib it and put a trailer under it.... or hire a crane to lift it onto the trailer.... lots of different ways to proceed but depends completely on the circumstances there.

  2. #2willie592017-09-26 21:32

    Yes, a lot of details left out here. Loading a dead 200 class hoe can be a challenge depending on how the boom/arm/bucket are currently positioned. If you're certain the only thing wrong with it is a failed pump, obviously you're going to put a new or reman pump on it, why not do that where it sits and get it in operation, is that do-able?

  3. #3cw4Bray2017-09-27 09:14

    Ronsii... and willie59 Thanks for putting so much thought or effort into this !!! I'm now rethinking this project. I was planning to hire a truck and trailer, moving it to my house. Sounds like I'd be better off hiring a field mechanic worth his salt, before hiring a mover. I think I'll buy a truck first and or get something that doesn't need work. I'm not sure if this link will work, if it doesn't - it's a GSA auction listed under construction equipment. It's the only Hoe listed. https://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucindx/?sl=61QSCI17345010 https://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucindx/?sl=61QSCI17345010 Maybe a better question would've been, Should you buy equipment sight unseen from an auction?

  4. #4DMiller2017-09-27 14:07

    Would have to remove the outer stick to move, would need at least another machine to lift it off. I looked at the ad, also noted stick had bend in it, that machine sounds to have been badly abused and is currently at $5611 bid, Too much for my pocket considering repairs already estimated at $14,000. What else could be bad cannot see or test??

  5. #5Hobbytime2017-09-27 16:13

    sounds like more damage not being stated...blown hydro pump and twisted stick..something happened to that thing...that the owner wont fix with such low hours on it.... it will make a good lawn ornament for you...your better off spending 20 to 30 k for a good working one if you need something that big..and I doubt it runs...as they say" ran when parked" usually means it aint running now..

  6. #6DMiller2017-09-27 19:30

    So you picked up on that too!!

  7. #7Jonas3022017-09-27 20:52

    That machine is already going for what its worth and likely to go up by the time you get it home and running you will have 30000 into a machine worth 20000 The bad part about a broken machine is that's all a person thinks about you don't get to check everything else out like you normally would

  8. #8catman132017-09-28 01:03

    like has been already said, save money and buy a better condition machine that you can run and play with first. if possible do a oil sample on the hydraulic system and see if it has pumps about to fail