Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat hydraulics whining

fairlane ยท 2018-05-06 18:50

I have a Cat 226b that has a whine when you curl the bucket. I do not notice the noise lifting or lowering the boom or moving forward, rear or turning, just curling the bucket. I also notice one of my cylinders needs repacked due to some seepage. Would this leaky cylinder cause my noise or is it likely being caused by a separate issue? thanks!

Replies3
  1. #103hdrk2018-05-08 23:59

    Greased good? No offense just trying to help.

  2. #2fairlane2018-05-09 01:01

    Yes sir. The noise is coming from the hydraulic lines and I can feel the line vibrate. I suppose that is air. I did order parts to re pack the cylinder that's seeping. I hope that fixes it, but it needed to be done regardless.

  3. #3DIYDAVE2018-05-09 06:27

    I'd start by looking at suction lines, and/or filters...