Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat idler. What does it go to?

materthegreater ยท 2025-08-05 18:49
Replies7
  1. #1CM19952025-08-05 19:08

    115-3699 is a "bearing" that is part of several idler groups. 325, 330, 336 excavators and a rock drill on the few I clicked. 336 configuration I have a short chain setup like that - eye hook on one end and grap hook on the other. Used it to load a trench roller yesterday. Handy as a shirt pocket.

  2. #2materthegreater2025-08-05 22:46

    I just did a quick search of the bearing number before I started the thread and found that it was the number for just the bearing. I couldn't find any numbers on the wheel itself when I briefly looked it over earlier. I'm guessing it was for a feller buncher, probably a Timberpro. I think they may use Cat u/c parts? To me, it looks unused. It's rusty because it was left behind by a logging company around 3 years ago, still on a pallet. It does look like the holes in the ends of the bearing "arms" are a little messed up so maybe they tried to install it but didn't get it lined up properly. Is it worth anything more than scrap? I keep a short chain like that in both excavators. Comes in handy all the time for lifting attachments, compactors, etc.

  3. #3CM19952025-08-06 09:26

    It could be for/from many different machines. Each assembly that piece is part of in the first pic I posted is a different machine.

  4. #4Mike L2025-08-06 19:40

    Looks like it went to a cat 521 or a timberpro 735 or 745

  5. #5materthegreater2025-08-06 19:45

    Do you want it? I think it'll fit in a flat rate box

  6. #6Mike L2025-08-07 17:15

    Haha. If it fits, it ships! $20

  7. #7materthegreater2025-08-08 11:50

    Found the number on the wheel