Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 648L codes (Skidder)

jquirk ยท 2025-07-27 11:32

Anybody have any problems with the FNR switch on the left side control joystick. I keep getting a STOP with the code FNR signal fault, just dead where I sit, Have to restart. Already replaced whole stick assembly a couple months ago, its reappeared. Only happens when shuttle shifting, if I pause on neutral for a pregnant second in between shifting to forward or reverse it calms down but not completely.

Replies8
  1. #1mg23612025-07-28 04:58

    Welcome to HEF jquirk ! Please post the machine's complete serial number.

  2. #2jquirk2025-07-28 06:39

    2017 little over 9600 hours. 1DW648LXAGF677849

  3. #3mg23612025-07-28 12:07

    It could be a bad switch again. Has the wiring been checked out from the switch to the seat control module? Do you need a schematic?

  4. #4jquirk2025-07-28 14:04

    I have a book, unknown how deep it goes into schematics, I will have to dive into it. I did expose the wiring from the handle to the base of the chair, so far no visible issues like mice chews etc. I am going to take apart the old handle, I noticed that there are some allen screws that hold the two halfs together, maybe some insight there.

  5. #5jquirk2025-07-28 17:26

    Its an OTTO FNR switch 1604, I have an email out to germany to see if there is something I can splice in, don't want to spend another grand on a joystick if I can help it.

  6. #6mg23612025-07-29 04:56

    Did you scroll to the code section of the monitor to see if there were any codes (SPN/FMI format XXXXXX.XX)?

  7. #7jquirk2025-07-29 09:40

    numeric code is 516205.2 FNR signal fault when shifting with the FNR switch. Also I always have the fuel high pressure control valve fault 1347.7 almost every day. mechanic I use has not been able to fix. three attempts.

  8. #8mg23612025-08-03 07:00

    Check your messages.