I’m looking for a loader for my small feedlot to replace a loader tractor and was wondering if anybody on here has experience with the it series cats? There are a couple available for sale that I am looking at. I am curious as to what the pros and cons are to these loaders. Thank you
If you want to use it primarily as a loader you’ll be disappointed because the hydraulics are purposely slowed down so it can serve as a forklift. If you plan on getting all sorts of front end equipment such as a bucket, forks, etc, etc, you could probably find it as useful as a Swiss Army knife.
I ran an IT18B a little bit loading a dump truck. It was nice to run and not overly slow. It had a hyd. quick attach that was nice. I'm not sure which engine they all use but some had a 3204. If you're looking at one with higher hours there might be better choices than a 3204. Not that the 3204 is real bad but they aren't as good as say a 3304. The non turbo 3204's generally have less problems because they aren't trying to push max. power.