I just got a '94 CAT IT18F for myself . I'll share pics of it once it's delivered. What do you think about the machine? P.S. What's the difference between the IT18F and IT24F? They look the same and have the same engine, but the IT24F weighs 65 lbs more.
Never ran one but it looks like it would be fun How big is the bucket on one of those?
2 yards; Great improvement over my old (1960s) ** 165 tractor with a 3/4 yard loader
Yes indeed! Your gonna be stylin in that rig!
I did some research and discovered the differences between the 918F, IT18F, 924F, and IT24F. Hope it'll help anyone who may buy one of these models in the future. The 918F is the weakest of the machines, with a 98 hp and a smaller 11" torque converter. The IT18F is more powerful, with a 105 hp engine, 13" torque converter, and a parallel lift linkage that also provides more breakout force and lift height than the conventional Z-Bar of the 918F. The 924F is the 918F with the IT18F's stronger engine and torque converter. The IT24F is nearly the same as the IT18F. Both the 924F and IT24F also received a new higher flow hydraulic pump, pilot controls (as opposed to the direct linkage to the valves in the *18F models), a higher relief valve pressure, and transparent joints between the 3 panels of the front windshield for improved visibility. I'll probably post pictures of my new toy next week.
[photo upload too slow where I am right now; will upload later]
"IT" stands for integrated tool carrier. IT models also came with a coupler on the front for quick attachment changes. I would think it would be a hydraulic coupler that can be operated from inside the cab. IT models also came with an auxillary (or third) valve for running attachments.
Yes. The IT models have a third lever (or second lever beside joystick) for operating the quick coupler. There is a diverter valve that will redirect the flow from the third lever to operate the auxiliary hydraulics.
Photos Finally, here are some photos; note the size and age difference between my old and new loaders :tong
From the photos it looks like a nice loader. If taken care of it should be about as reliable as a rock. I hope it works well for you.
That's a nice looking machine sultan. Congrats!
Thanks I'm looking forward to having some fun with it.