Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat IT24F Joystick conversion?

TKOFarms · 2024-02-02 17:08

Does anyone know if it's "reasonably" possible to convert an IT24F from two lever finger controls to a joystick control? It seems like I read somewhere that it can be done, but I can't find the info any more. From what I can tell, I think there should be some cross compatibility of some of the parts with IT14-28s, 924s, and maybe even 928s. Thanks for any help!

Replies6
  1. #1heymccall2024-02-02 17:46

    137-1442 is the conversion group 137-1442 CONVERSION GP-FIELD -CONTROL VALVE - ENGINE - MACHINE Caterpillar 3114 | 777parts.com 137-1442 CONVERSION GP-FIELD -CONTROL VALVE - ENGINE - MACHINE Caterpillar 3114 | 777parts.com 777parts.com If you pick out the valve, it comes back like this.

  2. #2Welder Dave2024-02-04 02:53

    Curious what the conversion costs?

  3. #3Don Harring2024-09-01 07:31

    so i just bought a IT24F with joystick conversion, but ive got no idea how to get it into float mode now..

  4. #4Nige2024-09-01 09:01

    You'll need an Operation & Maintenance Manual. Post a Serial Number. EDIT: There is no Float function on an IT equipped with a joystick.

  5. #5Don Harring2024-09-01 09:57

    Nige- the hanks that’s also why Google turned up nothing. 4NN00388 I have the cat phone version for free but it’s more like a sales brochure. Any chance you have one?

  6. #6Nige2024-09-01 10:04

    You need to go on the Cat Publications web site and download a copy. Click HERE , put SEBU6833 in the box and click search. The illustration below should pop up.