Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT IT24F No Start

dzlnut ยท 2025-09-10 16:04

I created a new thread as I had the starter tested. It does engage via bench test and all the internals are fine. Batteries are good and the ignition switch was replaced less then a year ago When I go to turn the ignition The starter does not turn not even a click. What should I be looking at that could be the source of the problem? Thanks in advance

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2025-09-10 16:18

    Your thread really needs to be in the IT section because it isn't classed as a wheel loader. I'll ask an admin to move it. Do you have an electrical schematic.? You're probably going to need one. What have you checked so far.?

  2. #2dzlnut2025-09-10 23:20

    I do not have an electrical schematic. I have not checked anything yet besides having the starter looked at.

  3. #3Nige2025-09-11 04:56

    You do now. Check your message inbox.