Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT IT24F STARTER

dzlnut · 2025-09-10 10:31

Hey guys Does anyone have the part # for the starter for an IT24F? The only part # I could find on the cat website is for an IT18. Also the part # for the starter i have also comes up for an IT18

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2025-09-10 11:54

    How about posting a machine Serial Number.? Should be easy enough to track down from that.

  2. #2dzlnut2025-09-10 11:57

    Serial #4NN00278

  3. #3dzlnut2025-09-10 12:02

    Also, what should I be looking at that would cause the starter to go bad in less than one year? When I removed the starter I noticed that one of the ground leads is missing a chunk of the ring terminal. I also noticed one of the power leads is missing a chunk of the ring terminal

  4. #4Nige2025-09-10 12:02

    See the attached. Apart from the 3E-5381 Part Number in the attachment there are alternative (superceded) numbers of 9W-3748, 3E-6498, or Reman 0R4317 if you want to explore aftermarket options.

  5. #5dzlnut2025-09-10 12:32

    ​ 3E-5381-replaced 3E-6498 which is $1800 0R4317 is the only part # that CAT parts gave me which was $800 This is the third 0R4317 starter that has stopped working in 3 years. What would be causing them to go bad so quickly?

  6. #6Simon C2025-12-06 10:21

    Poor batteries will cause damage to a good starter, along with bad cables and overcranking if having trouble to fire up. I would make sure you are not using some cheapy batteries. Simon C

  7. #7Simon C2026-01-16 17:19

    Is this thing working fine or still having issues. Simon C