Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat IT24F vs Deere 544E TC

dagnabbit ยท 2021-07-12 11:02

I'm interested in buying a tool carrier for pushing over trees, filling holes, moving mulch, and light grading. The machine will stay on my property of about 15 acres. It appears that the IT24F and 544E tool carriers were direct competitors and the used prices of similar years/hours is pretty comparable (mid-90s, ~8000 hours). Is one any more reliable than the other? I assume parts are equally easy to get for both. Do both models come with standard hydraulic coupler and auxiliary hydraulics? Anything to watch for? Which do you prefer?

Replies2
  1. #1Nathaniel Rat2021-07-16 21:33

    A tool carrier with 8000hrs is going to be sloppy, none of the work you described needs a tool carrier machine. I would look for a Z bar configuration, much fewer pivot points to be worn at that hour level.

  2. #2XSKIER2021-07-17 23:08

    A wheel loader is terrible at making a grade. Perhaps something with tracks is what you should be looking for.