Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT M316D – rear/back camera not working (blue screen)

djdan7 ยท 2024-01-24 03:31

Hello y'all! We recently bought a CAT M316D excavator. There is a problem with the rear camera - it doesn't work. Only a BLUE SCREEN appears on the display. I checked the power supply on the cable end - unfortunately there is no voltage anywhere (neither 24V nor 12V, just 0V). Oddly enough, there is SIGNAL CONTINUITY between the black and red wires. I also checked the fuses, they seem fine. Below I am sending a photos of the cable that runs to the camera. I found the technical documentation of the camera manufacturer (99% sure it is Orlaco) and I marked the cables in the photo accordingly (photos are from the machine side). I will add that there are more wires running from the camera side - in addition to the black, red, braided coax and orange wires, there is also yellow and light blue (sorry, I forgot to take a picture) - hence I chose the variant with the "M16 molded 7p plug". Generally, the original plugs were crushed, someone put some big weight on them and the whole thing was crushed, so I had to cut off the cables. Has anyone had a similar problem? Does the entire cable need to be replaced or is there something deeper in the computer/display? And how to properly connect the wires from the camera to those from the machine. Thank you for any suggestions!

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2024-01-24 13:46

    An electrical schematic might help you understand what you're looking at in terms of wiring. Post a Serial Number and you're welcome to one.

  2. #2djdan72024-01-24 13:59

    Last 8 digits of the machine S/N: D6W00542 It's Cat M316D, year 2011

  3. #3Nige2024-01-24 14:08

    Check your messages.