Heater does not work
Welcome to the forum. You’ll probably need to post the serial # of the machine to get the right answers. Does the blower not work or does the blower work with no heat coming out of the vents?
Wayy too vague about the issue.
Hello today I installed a new control panel and now the fan works and the lights that show increase and decrease of heat are working but its blowing cool air .
I'd look to see if there is a valve in one of the hoses going into the heater, maybe electric actuated. If it worked before maybe a wire came off or there's a bad connection or ground.
Hey thank you for your insight , I was going thru a operators manual I found in the cab and I came across a few things the I had no clue of , pretty interesting . I am used to a newer machine so its all kinda new , this older model but its still a good one . Thanks again .
If you are getting no hot air from the heater try tracing the lines that carry the coolant back to the engine. Some machine models have shutoff valves at the engine block. If so they may be closed. Note - For any machine-specific information you will need to supply a Serial Number. Too many 315 models to simply guess.
Is the coolant low?
Ok I will check , SS # is *6YMOI526* 315 L
Another thought. There may be a shutoff valve or valves at the heater end so don't just go looking at the engine. Get the engine up to operating temperature and feel the heater hoses at the engine end. How far away from the engine are they "hot".?
thank you for your help . the heater is working like it should , after changing the heater/ac control panel it started working . the owner of the company said that the heater has not worked since they bought it in 2004. thanks again .
mine works but have to block rad to get heat. If ts cold -10 C it has to idle before heater or lights kick in but i don't run my excavators if its much below that.