How were these motors? Any particular problems? The truck I am looking at has 133,000 on it. Anything to look for on them? It says 230 HP Thanks
Um well, need a bit more info. what series engine? It sounds like it might be a 3208T which were not noted for their reliability
I'll ask them thanks:drinkup
you nailed it in your PM 3126 thanks!
engine I would rather have the 3126, than the 3116. I think its a OK engine for this truck and should have enough power for most jobs. This is not a power horse engine.
I usually just haul some masonry material and scaffolding, I have been using my GMC gasser 366 18' flat bed since 84 I did a bit of research on this motor I found some have bad front seals, high presure line leaks, hard starting in cold, leaks at filters :beatsme Some hate them and some love them, I could look at it Saturday as bidding ends Saturday night at 9 0r 10 pm. They said it is inspected and road legal and they will deliver it from NY to PA. Not a real mechanic by any means but I can look around any tips appreciated. Thanks,
engine 3126 Dont pay too much for the truck, this is a buyers market and everything is selling cheap. Let us know what it is and what the bid is, if its eBay, give us the number and we will give you our 2 cents worth
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0449429437&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT listed for the second time I know of, no bids last time. Torn between this and Lull going for auction on the 14th of Jan. Can't have both and don't want a payment for anything in these times. Probably should buy nothing ointhead but a deal is a deal and it has to be real good in todays times as you said. Don't really care about the body that much. I even told him I may contact him after the 14th if I can't decide now. thanks for the help all.
I agree. What year model and does it have a flatbed, flatbed dump or just C&C? What kind of trans? Overall condition?
Bed is wood deck 19 x 8 I have the one on my truck I built in '84 now 18 x8 all steel as good as the day I built it. It is just a C & C 6 speed manual. Link above. Thanks
The starting bid of 8K looks like a good retail price. Have you looked at the GMC's on Truckpaper ? This International is interesting. 15K for a hook lift is cheap and hooks are so versatile.
It seems cheap compared to Truckpaper. Not sure if he has a reserve on it. I'll check out the IH. I was going to go look at it Sat. but I am getting sick as a dog with a cold. May wait till after the forklift auction on the 14th if I can't go Sat. thanks for the help!
I have a GMC 7500 33,000lbs with a 275 horse 3126 motor, I love it, the power is so smooth and for a truck of the size (its just a utility box) it has a ton of power. I also run an underdeck 185cfm compressor off it.
How many miles on it? Thanks!